Who can be an “SPD Ride to Remember” Rider?
- SPD Ride to Remember will be open to all riders.
- All participants must be at least 18 years old.
- All participants must have a road bike (no mountain bikes or hybrids will be accepted).
What is the date of the ride?
- The ride is scheduled for Saturday, September 08, 2018.
Where does the ride start and end?
- The ride will leave MGM Springfield, One MGM Way, on bicycles at 7:00AM, travel along RT 20 & RT 9, a total of 106 miles to the finish.
- There will be five rest stops – food and hydration is supplied at each. The entire ride is SAG supported by Comp Edge.
- We arrive in Boston at 4:30 PM There will be a State Police Helicopter above us the entire way. There will be a ceremony at the State House at 5:00 P.M. The ceremony is for all the fallen police officers and firefighters that have lost their lives in the State of Massachusetts. Boston PD shuts down the whole route for us as we go down Boylston Street and through the Boston Common to Beacon Street and the State House. After the ceremony, we get escorted by Boston PD to the Boston Athletic Center in South Boston. Here we get towel service, showers, sauna, steam room, back rubs and a pool. Please bring clothes to change after the ride. At the beginning of the ride, supporters will direct you to a Peter Pan Bus where you will store your gear and a change of clothes. This bus will be waiting for you at the BAC when you arrive on your bicycle.
Dress to impress after the ride because there will be five luxury Peter Pan Buses to transport you back to MGM Springfield for a party and another concert!!! JAM FEST will be taking place at the MGM Plaza!!
When and where can I check in?
- Check in time will be 6am on the Plaza at MGM Springfield
- Riders will receive their event number and also will be receiving body markings on the morning of the ride.
- The adhesive bicycle frame number must be attached to your bicycle with the number clearly visible.
- Riders must have both body marking number and bicycle frame number to participate in the ride.
- These numbers will identify you as a participant and will assist medical and event officials in identifying the rider.
- Riders will depart Springfield for Boston promptly at 7:00AM.
What is the route?
How much does it cost to participate?
What safety equipment do I need to participate?
- All riders must wear a helmet at all times of the ride. Bikes used must be a road bike.
- No off-road mountain, trail bikes or hybrids are allowed.
NOTE: There is no rain date for “SPD Ride to Remember”. The event will take place during inclement weather conditions.