Who can be a “SPD Ride to Remember” Rider?
- SPD Ride to Remember will be open to all riders.
- All participants must be at least 18 years old.
- All participants must have a road bike (no mountain bikes or hybrids will be accepted).
What is the date of the ride?
- The ride is scheduled for Saturday, September 16, 2017.
Where does the ride start and end?
- The ride will leave the corner of Main Street and Boland Way in Springfield on bicycles at 7:00AM, travel along RT 20 & RT 9, a total of 106 miles to the finish.
- There will be five rest stops – food and hydration is supplied at each. The entire ride is SAG supported by Comp Edge.
- After arriving in Boston, there will be a party and dinner hosted at the Boston Athletic Club.
When and where can I check in?
- Check in time will be between 5:45AM-6:30AM at the corner of Main Street and Boland Way.
- Riders will receive their event number and also will be receiving body markings on the morning of the ride.
- The adhesive bicycle frame number must be attached to your bicycle with the number clearly visible.
- Riders must have both body marking number and bicycle frame number to participate in the ride.
- These numbers will identify you as a participant and will assist medical and event officials in identifying the rider.
- Riders will depart Springfield for Boston promptly at 7:00AM.
What is the route?
How much does it cost to participate?
What safety equipment do I need to participate?
- All riders must wear a helmet at all times of the ride. Bikes used must be a road bike.
- No off-road mountain, trail bikes or hybrids are allowed.
NOTE: There is no rain date for “SPD Ride to Remember”. The event will take place during inclement weather conditions.